Thursday, July 2, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance - Top 14

Ok, the vote off show is on as I type this. It just started. So I am trying to get my thoughts and opinions in before things are announced. So this will be fast and furious.
STAND OUTS

The Kayla and Kupono Contemporary Routine. I liked this one. Sonja is very bizarre. But I liked the vampire, Twilight feel. I think they are staying. It feels as if they are on a roll now. They've dropped their extra baggage and now they are on their way.

The Janeane and Philip Hip Hop Routine. I liked the chain concept and I think that made it interesting. It may have been a distraction to the dancing, but I think it worked. Philip was lucky he got Hip Hop again. I think it saved him for another week- and not just because of his personality.

Align Center

The Randi and Evan Broadway Routine. I loved this routine even though the judges weren't into it. I like Evan and I like Broadway. So why wouldnt I like this number? I loved the nod to old school broadway dancing. The style was great. I think they are safe.
MIDDLE GROUND

The Melissa and Ade Classic Ballet Routine. I think this couple is so talented and the dance was elegant and pretty to watch. I liked it for what it was, but I think that ballet isn't my favorite style to watch. I don't think they should leave, based on this number or their history.

The Brandon and Janete Cha Cha Routine. This was a high energy routine. I thought they both did well. I liked watching it and was entertained. I think Brandon is really putting those judges in their place for giving him such a hard time. Good for him.
PASS

The Jason and Kaitlin Contemporary Routine. I think this concept was ok. I didn't like the costumes but I did like Jason in the dance. I thought Kaitlin was not in character really and I was distracted by her. I was with Mary - something about this dance was off for me. I want them to stay though, especially him.

The Carla and Vitolio Quickstep Routine. I don't like them very much so I think I was destined to hate it from the get go. I didn't hate it but it would not be one I'd watch again. I think they have run their course and I am tired of giving them another chance. In my opinion it is goodbye to these two.
I hope it is Carla and Vitolio going home. Anyone else would be just wrong. We will see if my track record continues. Phew. I finished before the first commercial break.

No comments:

Post a Comment