Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Leslie 101

Not that long ago I was reading some of my friend Sara's old blog posts. She is a funny girl and something she wrote caught my eye and got me thinking. Sara had written a list of 100 facts about her. I thought that was interesting and I tried to do that for myself. I figured it would increase my self-awareness if nothing else. The first 25 were hard to come by and I thought I was really boring. But I pushed on and I came up with a whopping 115 facts about me, at present. And so, I would like to share these facts with you and also encourage you to make a list of your own. You'll be surprised how interesting you are!
These are in no particular order of interest.

1. I get excited when I hear the Hannah Montana theme song.
2. I drink iced tea by the gallon, which is why...
3. I have had 3 kidney stones and always feel like another is on the way.
4. While I like a clean house, my car is always dirty.
5. Every time I grocery shop I end up handing the cashier at least 2 items that I have decided I don't really need.
6. Every year I make a list of my top five favorite actors, actresses and movies.
7. I love to make and eat spaghetti and meatballs.
8. I am very, very clumsy.
9. I feel guilt when I don't return my grocery cart to it's designated coral.
10. I've read every Jodi Picoult book.
11. Ray Lamontagne and Michael Buble are nearly always in my cd player.
12. Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite books.
13. Ryan Reynolds and Shia Lebeouf are climbing my charts!
14. I constantly think about what song I would sing on American Idol for each genre.
15. There is something about Nicolas Cage and Kirsten Dunst that I just can't stand and can't explain why.
16. I google everything.
17. I know every word to "Shoop" by Salt 'N Pepa
18. 3 of my 10 favorite movies are musicals
19. My best friend has been my best friend since 8th grade.
20. My sister's wedding marks my 7th time being a Bridesmaid, but first time as Maid of Honor.
21. I do not like orange juice or milk.
22. I seldom eat chicken and never eat steak.
23. I talk to myself at least once a day.
24. I am team Pacey, not team Dawson.
25. I just started eating sushi this year.
26. I have had the same cell phone number for five years.
27. I only blow dry my hair about twice a week.
28. I frequently go in to the grocery store and read a whole US Weekly and then put it back without buying it.
29. I HATE to lose and often pad my team to prevent it.
30. I keep a book of who I've loaned books to.
31. I have no problem dog-earring my own books, but I do not like other people dog-earring the books I loan them.
32. When out, I like to sit in the middle seat of a crowd of people.
33. I like going to the movies alone.
34. I consider myself gifted at making up songs on the spot to express my thoughts and feelings or as a conversation.
35. I snore.
36. I love jeans and a t-shirt.
37. I rarely chew gum.
38. I don't like cinnamon flavored food or drinks.
39. I wave at the camera when I drive through the toll booth.
40. I think CROCS are wonderful footwear.
41. My hair is naturally blond and very wavy.
42. I talk to my mom at least once a day.
43. If I hear that a book is being made into a movie, I have to read the book first.
44. I have no idea how to match make-up to my skin tone.
45. Headaches freak me out.
46. I have never been drunk.
47. When I play Rock Band, I love to play the drums.
48. I want to become a better whistler and practice all the time.
49. The Sonic commercials crack me up.
50. I hate Mayonnaise and anything that smells or looks like it.
51. I got fired from Chipotle but I still love to eat there.
52. When I go on a vacation, I buy a card deck as a souvenir.
53. I laugh at my own jokes.
54. I am planning a choreographed dance for my sister's wedding reception.
55. I frequently have dreams and usually I remember them.
56. I love river water, but not lake water.
57. I can not stand Oprah, but I like her book club.
58. I only own 1 belt.
59. I do not own any high heeled shoes.
60. My best time of day is between 5 and 9 pm.
61. Nick Jonas is my favorite Jonas brother.
62. I watch White Christmas and Elf every Christmas.
63. We rent a Red Box movie once a week.
64. All my friends love Gilmore Girls, but I never could get into it.
65. Dwight Schrute is my favorite Office character.
66. In my opinion, Harry Potter is preferred over Twilight.
67. I like the idea of online dating.
68. I am highly anticipating the new season of Project Runway.
69. I buy Huggies diapers because I can't stand Pampers.
70. Spicy foods make me really sick to my stomach.
71. My family calls me banana or nana head, but I don't really care for bananas.
72. This season was my first time watching American Idol.
73. I do not do well with whining.
74. I prefer Matt Damon to Ben Affleck.
75. I am NOT looking forward to my 10 year high school reunion - sorry Sara.
76. Toy Story is my favorite animated movie. I wore out my VHS from watching it so much.
77. I laugh insanely hard at Judd Apatow movies and then feel bad about it later.
78. My goal is to be able to run 5 miles straight.
79. When Luke was little I started laughing like the dough-boy when he poked my belly button and now I have to do that every time because he thinks it's funny.
80. I crave McDonald's chicken nuggets with Sweet and Sour sauce.
81. I have to sleep with the fan on.
82. I can not stand the way my sister says "memorable" or "M. Night Shamalayan".
83. I look in the $5 movie bin every time I go to Wal Mart but I have never bought a movie from there.
84. Every year, I print and fill out a ballot for the Oscars.
85. I am over Will Ferrell.
86. I love everything 80's.
87. I do not do well with old people, except my grandparents.
88. For some reason I love Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
89. When I am stressed, I get tension headaches from popping my jaw.
90. I can't get the FreeCreditReport.com songs out of head after I hear the commercials.
91. Sometimes I can start singing a song when I get in the car and then when I turn on the car radio that song is on.
92. I have seen every episode of Friends at least 3 times.
93. I am very good at remembering faces.
94. I am obsessive about taking pictures and having them developed.
95. I hate it when people say "believe you me".
96. Sometimes I make myself cry in the shower just to get it all out.
97. I think I am good at volleyball.
98. My family think I am the "raunchy" one.
99. I am not good at saving money, but I do have a savings account with money in it.
100. My idea of a dream vacation is a Mediterranean Cruise.
101. I know useless trivia about celebrities and pop culture.

So there you go. 101 fun facts about me! I hope you learned something new today.

2 comments:

  1. I love that I created a little inspiration for this! What a fun read! I could potentially comment on each one, but I've just picked a certain few instead...
    #17 - so do I, thanks to you!
    #46 - but you HAVE pretended to be, and quite convincingly I must say :)
    #75 - yeah, well I still haven't heard any plans for it, so you might just luck out!
    #97 - remember the lawn chairs we couldn't beat?? Maybe you should reconsider this thought...
    #100 - Mine too! I think this sounds like a PERFECT vacation for just the 2 of us one day... Let's start saving and plan for it! seriously.

    I am SOOO excited about you coming up here in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete