Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Time is On Your Side, Yes it is

Well, not today it wasn't. Today, time and I were moving in separate circles. There were a million things I needed to do and only one that I really accomplished. I am being too critical perhaps, but I felt overwhelmed all the same. Occasionally I find it quite difficult to be a mother, a women, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a believer and a professional. There are too many hats to fill and I am not a person who looks good in hats.

Anyway, this is not a blog about hats. It is not a blog about anything, to be honest. It is kind of like an episode of Seinfeld - a big to do about nothing at all. Welcome to life inside my head. There are thousands of important thoughts and feelings and situations going on all around me. But somehow I manage to find the most trivial of them and focus on that one inconsequential thing until it becomes my Everest.

But, this is not a blog about mountains. This Wednesday night blog spot is usually dedicated to So You Think you Can Dance. But tonight I did not see the show. GASP!! Tonight I was sitting around a hibachi table at Benihanas, celebrating my sister's birthday with my family. I would say that sure beats Mary's Hot Tamale Train, yes it does. So... if you came to see a blog about dancing then you are S.O.L.

But this is not a blog about luck. This was supposed to be a blog about what I am reading right now, which happens to be "White Oleander" by Janet Fitch. That is what I had in mind when I sat down at this laptop and clicked my Blogger icon. But then my fingers started doing the talking and I let them have their say. And surprisingly, they started talking about a whole bunch of gobblety gook that I am sure no one cares about.

What I wanted to say was this... I read. I am a reader. I read for fun. I like to read every night. I try to read at least one book a month, on average. But lately I have hit the pause button my reading. I started and stopped several books and could not get interested. And then I picked up this latest book and I can't put it down- only to type blogs, obviously. And this blog was to be about my gladness in my renewed delight in reading. I feel that it is a sign. That I am coming alive once again. It's sort of like when you have a cold and you can't taste anything. And you know it should be good, but it just doesn't have a taste. Everything is the same. And then one day... BAM! You've got flavor. Well BAM, baby. I have got me some flavor!!

So... I am back in reader mode and happy to be in it. I actually can't wait to type this last paragraph so I can get back to it. Just thought someone might be interested in a little light reading about my light reading- plus all that nothing in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment