Saturday, July 25, 2009

Boxes, Boxes and more Boxes

So far this weekend has sort of dragged by. Normally I would be glad for the feel of a long weekend, but I am working this weekend and so I am not feeling quite as relaxed. I have taken this time at the house, without baby, to pack up for our impending move. So I have been a busy bee over the last few days going through our stuff and weeding out the junk from the keepsakes. It is a necessary process, with some benefits. But it also creates that moving mess in the house and makes me feel just dusty and dirty. Which brings me to my other project... cleaning everything. I HATE that part. When latex gloves are involved you know it won't be pretty.

With all of this work I have had to add in some breaks. Last night I went to see "500 Days of Summer" by myself. I liked the movie a lot, but it made me sort of introspective and I had a little cry on the way home. The only thing that I didn't enjoy about the movie was the couple sitting behind me. The woman was one of those movie watchers that had a comment about everything. She would commentate on dialogue, finish sentences and provide the oohs and aahs and oh no's that others were feeling but didn't say. I sort of wanted to turn around and give a look that implied "be quiet or else". But instead I just rolled my eyes to myself and tried to tune out her white noise. And then for whatever reason I was craving CiCi's pizza afterward. So I looked on my cell phone and found 3 locations for local CiCi's. And wouldn't you know that I drove around for fifteen minutes to get my pizza because the first 2 locations were closed. I have never enjoyed cheap pizza more.

Today I went to the movies again with my parents and aunt to see "The Ugly Truth". Now I am back and I have all my cleaning supplies out but I am procrastinating the duties by writing this blog. I can't get motivated to do the work. But baby comes home tomorrow and I need to get this done. So I better get going. Only 4 more days to go. Yikes!!!

2 comments:

  1. Does going to Cici's by yourself have the same 'benefits' of going with me? Man, we like to pig out on cheap pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definently not the same. Remember that time in college when we skipped the semi formal and went to CiCi's instead? I think your brother was with us or something. I don't remember all the details but I remember the pizza. Ahh the memories. We were so cool, weren't we? And I am now thinking that a trip to CiCi's may be in order when I come visit.

    ReplyDelete