Thursday, July 16, 2009

Top Ten

Well, last night I was busy watching the new Harry Potter movie with my sister. So I missed the actual performances. Thankfully I was able to catch up today during Luke's nap time so that I can watch the vote off tonight. As the weeks roll on it gets harder for me to see the dancers go home and harder to tell who should. Last week I was certain who should go and they did. This week is not so cut and dry.






For the group dances... I liked the girls, but could not get in to the guys routine. Something about the movement was too chaotic for me. I actually felt that way about several of the solos as well.

My FAVORITE dances of the night were...


Jason and Jeanine's Contemporary piece. By far the best piece of the night. I really really liked it. It was convincing and entertaining. Both seemed at ease and relaxed for the first time. I am glad they lost their baggage last week.



and Kayla and Evan's Viennese Waltz. Even though their was a height difference I enjoyed their movement and the flow of the dance. It seemed elegant to watch. I want them to get off of Evan's back and give him a good review every once in a while. I am fine with Kayla and I think she is a good dancer but she is kind of a robot when it comes to personality.


My MIDDLE ROAD dances was...


Ade and Janette's Hip Hop. This was a fun number but sort of spazzy in parts. I thought it was nice to see Ade have a personality in his routine.

My PASS routines were...



Melissa and Brandon's Broadway number. This saddened me because I like both of these dancers. I think it was something about the music and the feel of it that I didn't care for. I did enjoy their dancing but I was not that impressed overall. I hope they both stay though.


and Kupono and Randi's Paso Doble routine. This was a snooze fest. I didn't even finish it and I definitely didn't need to hear the judges remarks to know it was a bomb.


As far as the solos went... I only really liked Evan's and Jeanine's. The others were OK, with some weird song choices by Ade and Jason. I am hoping that Evan's solo will earn him some votes and save him from going home.


I think the bottom 3 couples will be Kayla and Evan, Kupono and Randi and Melissa and Brandon. My pick to go home is Kupono and Randi. Although I think Evan's number is almost up. I think he has another week in him for sure. Cant wait to see if I am right.

And as for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... if I didn't love the book so much I might have enjoyed the movie a lot more. However, I recently read the book to prepare for the movie and having it fresh in my mind really made the differences stand out. The movie is a diluted version of the book, without all the bells and whistles. A lot of the action was removed from the story altogether. There were even some scenes that were added in that didn't seem necessary or substantial to the plot. I really liked the look of the movie and I thought that they actors seemed more comfortable - especially Daniel Radcliffe - and therefore gave better performances. But one of my favorite characters, Neville Longbottom, was reduced to background scenery and had only one line. And Malfoy was a little too over-the-top for me. He was practicing some serious smell-the-fart acting. All that was missing was the diabolical laughter. I guess I would say, read the book. you will get a more complete and rich story then if you just watch the movie. But don't take my word for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment