Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Best Laid Plans...

This weekend was supposed to be full of friends and fun, at least according to my plans. However, the friends part didn't work out and so I was left to find my own fun. At first I was disappointed in this quest for fun, because it seemed like work. My week has been emotionally challenging and I was looking for the easy fun and laughter of friends. But... I set out on this weekend with an open mind and agenda. And that has been quite refreshing. So far this weekend I have seen two movies (by myself), The Proposal and Transformers 2. Both were entertaining. I also went to Borders (of course) and Starbucks. I finished the book I was reading and started another. I also got to resume work on my scrapbook. I really love to scrap but never seem to have the time. So on Friday night I pulled out all my scrapbook fixins and spread them all over the floor and set to work. But my DVD player broke on Friday and so I was worried about what I might watch while I scrapped on Saturday night. Not to fear, ABC family was playing a Harry Potter movie marathon on Saturday and Sunday. So I nestled in to my craft project with the wonderful sounds of Harry Potter playing in the background. And let me say that it was magical. This morning I was bad and slept in. I missed church but I feel very well rested. My day is wide open and I am hoping to scrapbook and read a little before I pick up Luke and go the grocery store.
Although this weekend did not go as planned, it has been just what I needed. That just goes to show that we don't always know best. I was glad for my alone time. I hope your weekends were equally as fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment