Sunday, January 31, 2010

Working for the Weekend

I love weekends. Weekends are for relaxing and unwinding and taking things slow. And nothing says relaxing like a family game night. Not exactly true, but still game nights are pretty fun. Or they can be... depending on who is playing and what games are being played. I am competitive and I like to win. Some might even say I am competitive to a fault. I just like to call it "passionate" about winning. Well, Friday night I kicked off the weekend right with a nice game night at my parents house. There were about 12 of us and we played around 4 games. I only won one game, but I came close in a few others. I had a wonderful team mate who is every bit as competitive as me. I appreciated her willingness to drive from Bryan to be my team mate - thank you BK. I think there is something so great about spending time with people just doing something fun and challenging. I love movies and all of that stuff but some of my favorite times have been sitting around a table playing a game or sitting in a hot tub just talking to my favorite people. I have amazing people in my life who I genuinely LOVE spending time with. I feel blessed to get to do that with both family and friends at frequent intervals. And what is also amazing is that I have had wonderful, in-depth conversations with these people as equally as I have joked and laughed with them. So, my hats off to those people in my life with whom I often find myself in company. You add something to my life and I am GLAD to know you. For my game night family I want to say... although I did not dominate this weekend there is always next time. And Brook- you can be my wing man anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment