Thursday, January 7, 2010

And now, cried Max, let the wild rumpus begin


As I type this I am sitting on my bed, in my pajamas, watching a new Glee DVD and thoroughly enjoying this "chill" time. My new semester starts on Monday and so I am painfully aware of how few chill moments I have left until May. Oh, and did I mention that it is 8:45? It is a miraculous chain of events that leads to my son getting into bed and asleep before 9:00. I guess I can thank the new girl in Luke's MDO class for not being a "napper" and only allowing my son a 30 minute nap instead of his usual 3 hour nap. Thanks, new girl.

Day 4 of the new diet and already 4 pounds down. It's a pretty good feeling and it almost makes up for all the bad feelings I have about not getting to eat the things I love. As it turns out, not being able to eat anything but meat and veggies sure highlights the bad eating habits you have. It literally took all of my inner strength to eat my organic salad today while my son ate a mouth-watering grilled cheese and french fries. Self-restraint is so hard.

Luke has had a bit of a rough week so far. The cold weather has kept us indoors which means his inner wild-man comes out in random ways that leave me screaming in my head and clenching my jaw in anxiousness. We are having some trouble right now with listening and telling mommy "no" at every chance he gets. This supremely tests any patience I can muster up and makes me pretty angry. Tonight he was put in time out twice within a five minute span. Some lessons are hard to learn. But... on the other hand, when I got the hiccups tonight he quickly caught on and started fake "hiccuping" alongside me. He was so proud that he was hiccuping too which made me laugh so hard. That, and he also went up to Chloe and said, " Hi Chloe, how are you today?". Oh, Chloe is my mom's anti-social beagle. Kids do say the darndest thing sometimes.
And to wrap up I want to make a list. You know I love a good list and this one comes more from my stomach than my brain. Tonight, at dinner, my mom and dad and I had this little discussion about the best french fries in the fast-food universe. While it is true that we were fighting a major carbohydrate craving, the list is still a valid list. And trust me, we were really thinking about it.

The Top 5 Fast-Food French Fries

5. Chik-fil-a
4. Sonic
3. McDonald's
2. Jack in the Box
1. Arby's

Ummm! Yummy!! I can almost taste the deep-fried salty goodness. But alas, I will wake up and have eggs (yet again). But make no mistake, tonight I will probably be dreaming of dancing fudgebars and twirling Dr. Peppers. Darn you, sweet tooth!!

1 comment:

  1. Kudos on your restraint! Sounds like you are doing awesome, I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete