Monday, January 25, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things



Well, I just read the blog of one of my college friends who is having major things happen in her life... she just had a baby!!! And that huge event sure trumps all of the small events and happenings that are going on in my life right now. But these small things are mine, and they are what God has given me THIS day and so I cherish them just the same.

I have started WORKING again. After taking several months off I am back in the saddle doing the substitute teacher thing. It is hard to get back out there and be on your feet all day. I miss naps. And comfy clothes and shoes. But I like money. So I guess it all balances out.

I also started school back up again. Three classes this semester. Biology, Foundations of Math and History II. It is starting off slow and manageable but any minute I feel like something unpleasant is going to hit that proverbial fan. Yuck!!

I am feeling some regret at working and being away from my son. I work 2 to 3 days a week so I know I am being dramatic. But I still miss all those hours of just BEING with him. And today, when I came home from another hard day I went to get him from nap and he cried when he saw me. He didn't want me, he wanted his Nana. And I won't pretend my feelings weren't hurt. I spent all day wanting to see him and thought it was reciprocated. But... instead, it took about an hour for him to want to have anything to do with me. That part was awful. But then we got to play hide and seek, cuddle in bed with a movie and build a fort under the kitchen table. That is life with a two year old. They are hot and cold. Most days I just try and keep up. But one thing is for certain, even a momma has feelings and although that little kid is just learning the ropes... they sure control your heart. And don't think for a second that they don't know that.

It's a busy week folks. And getting busier all the time. Let's pray for sanity, peace and rest. And on that note... I am off to bed. Before midnight for once. Hallelujah!!!

3 comments:

  1. Leslie- you are such a good mom to Luke- I get so bored with the movies and tents! If you need any help with the Biology class let me know...(unless they removed that knowledge from my brain....)! Have a blessed week. Lanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Luke's favorite person and he loves and adores you - never forget or doubt that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Les...you are so right about life with a 2 year old! I can't tell you how many times Chad and I have experienced the exact same thing with Cooper. Boy, does it throw a dart straight at your heart, huh?! I am so proud of you and how you are living your life with Luke. I hope to see you soon. Miss you too much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete