Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing


When last we spoke I was telling you all about my Christmas. Yes, it was awesome. And the New Years celebration that came after it was equally as awesome. It was low key (as far as New Years celebrations go) but still fun. My wonderful friend Brook drove up from Bryan and we went to see a movie, ate some Mexican food, played some games and drank some champagne. And when the clock struck midnight we toasted. Two of us toasted to turning thirty and all of us toasted to getting healthy.






And to that effect: I started a new yeast-free diet yesterday. I am both starving and killing the yeast in my body. Don't worry, this is supposed to be a good thing. Apparently if you have too much it slows down your metabolism and makes it hard to lose weight. So... I am ridding myself of these toxins by avoiding sugars, flour, vinegar, dairy and fruit. For 30 days. Basically I can eat protein and veggies. So far it has been hard to fight the cravings but I have prevailed. I am learning to love eggs, fish and bell peppers in a rotation. As of this morning, I have lost 1 pound in 1 days. Losing weight is not the goal but it is a nice bonus. Here's to 28 more days of eating right and hoping that it sticks.

1 comment:

  1. Are Oreos considered "toxins"? B/C I'm sitting on my couch eating them as I type... My guess is that I wouldn't fare too well with your new cleansing plan, but I'm proud of you for doing it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete