Thursday, February 4, 2010

Keep on the Sunny Side, Always on the Sunny Side

Thirty days are done as of today and I am officially yeast free. That is the hope anyway, since I have deprived myself of everything that I love to reach that very goal. I am 15 pounds lighter than when I started and I am feeling good and looking better than I have in a while. More energy, more stamina, more fit... turns out these last 30 days have been pretty good for me. I am eating better, running farther and sleeping better than I have in many years. Who knew healthy living could feel this good? I sure didn't. I was quite content with my ice cream and pizza. It sure is a heck of a lot easier to sit and veg out than it is to actually work on being healthy. And I don't care what anyone says - it is surely work. I am not one of those people who "looks forward" to working out. I may never be that person. But I HAVE come to appreciate the effects working out has on me - so I endure it. At any rate - I am feeling like this new me is feeling a lot better, physically, so I am going to continue on with the diet and exercise for a while longer and just see where it takes me. I have some goals for myself and for once I motivated enough to pursue them, legitimately.
I am feeling pretty good, mentally and spiritually as well. I am getting more involved in my Sunday School class (Life Group) and finding some friends there. Plus, I just started a women's Bible Study on Wednesday mornings where I am in a group with other mothers and that feels awesome. And lastly, I have a new Bible Study group (Home Group) starting this Friday night that I am going to check out. I am finally feeling like I have a life. I am not just Leslie, the mother. Or Leslie, the daughter. I am out there living life and finding my way. I am making friends and challenging myself. I am getting an education and making some money and feeling pretty great about who I am and what I am accomplishing. Everything is falling together for me and I feel like it is a new season of my life. Out with the old and in with the new. I have moved past the regrouping stage and I am now in the action stage. I am taking action towards the things that I want and need. And I think it is about time.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for the weight loss and for getting out and starting a new life. God is faithful to answer our prayers for new friends in Houston. Go, girl, go!!

    ReplyDelete