Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Juggling Act


Well, admittedly it has been a while since I wrote on my blog. I have a whirlwind life right now. Some of that is obligation: like school, motherhood and work. But some of it is of my own doing. I have made a choice to re-engage in life and to rebuild a support system that is here, all around me, in THIS place and time of my life. I have great friends and a wonderful family. But my friends are in Austin and Bryan and Dallas and a girl needs people other than her family to turn to. So I have set out to make new friends and to get to know people and let them in to know me. And I must say that it is working. I joined a Women's Bible Study and I also started regularly attending a Young Singles Bible Study and Sunday School Class. And lo and behold, I have made connections and found friendship here. And I have even discovered Facebook, but that is a whole other post. So all of this socializing, mixed with all of my other obligations and activities have made me pretty busy. But... here are the newsworthy things that are happening in my life right now:


a.) I am on the President's List at my college, based on my GPA last semester. At this point I am elibigle to graduate with honors. At my age, and with all that I have on my plate, this recognition feels pretty good.

b.) My grandma was diagnosed with cancer. The details have not been determined yet and I do not know anything more than that. Tests were done and results should be in before the week is out. It is an emotional time for my family but we are banding together.

c.) I have had 3 tests this week. I have learned that Biology is the devil and that online math isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

d.) I put a lot of time and energy into reading the Percy Jackson book series and as of yesterday I am finished. I enjoyed all five books and promptly passed them on to my dad.

e.) I am pretty disappointed in the first two episodes of American Idol. It is not my favorite show but these dud performances make it worse. I was truly hoping to enjoy it this season. But I am enjoying the last season of Lost. I still don't get it but I like to try and figure it out.

f.) Shopping is really fun, but only when you are shopping for toddler clothes. I have spent more money than I needed to getting Luke ready for summer. I am talking swimsuits, sandals, shirts, shorts, hats... you name it, I bought it. It is kind of an obsession. But with Easter around the corner I can justify it.

g.) And finally, my mom accidentally knocked my camera into the hot tub and I had to get a new one. Going without a camera for a few days makes you realize how priceless your pictures are and how nice it is to be able to capture your moments.


Well, that is me in a nut shell. I got a bunch of stuff going on and so many balls in the air. Sometimes I think it is too much too fast and I am afraid of spreading myself too thin. But, I am doing what I can and enjoying the journey.

3 comments:

  1. you're like a movie (that was meant as a compliment :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy living life is a great excuse for not blogging!! So glad you are busy doing and making the most of every opportunity, way to go. I facebook messaged you but wanted to make sure you got the message that I'm happy to help out with your Easter card if you like, just email me beth@bethsaxton.com if you decide to go that direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your grandma, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete