Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Highlights

I usually leave my house for the weekends and I go stay with my parents. I do this for several reasons but mostly because I need a change of pace, I like them, I like their pool and they help me with Luke. So most of my weekends are fun and relaxing. This weekend was no different. It was my weekend with the munchkin, so we worked around that. But also, my friend Brook came to see me on Saturday and spent the night. That part was really fun. Here are the highlights from my weekend:

1. Getting my hair cut. It was looking rough and so I was glad to lose the excess.

2. Watching "My Sisters Keeper" with Brook, my mom and her two sisters. We cried and sniffled our way through that movie. It was well worth the five tissues I used.

3. Seeing Luke slide in to the pool over and over again. It is fun seeing him enjoy himself and also to watch him try new things.

4. Playing Harry Potter Clue and Twilight: The Board Game, with Brook and my mom.

5. Winning both of those games.

6. Watching Brook drive a scooter for the first time. Hi-larious!

7. Baking sugar cookies with mom and Luke and letting him do the sprinkles.

8. Eating amazing sushi (although Luke accidentally got a mouth full of Wasabi. Not a good idea.)

9. Laying on the couch at 6:00 am this morning watching "Surf's Up" with my son.

10. Learning and performing a synchromized swimming routine with Brook, my mom and my two aunts.

But, however fun my weekends are, I am always ready to come home on Sundays. Even though I like taking a break from everything- my home just feels right. I have freedom here, in my own space, to do what I'd like and that feeling is so good. Luke stayed with his Nana and Paw Paw and he will be back tomorrow. So I will enjoy my free time and I will miss putting him to bed. Goodnight everyone and I hope you also had a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment