Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Drinking some Hater-ade

Today I am in a mood. Not necessarily a bad mood, but more of a funk. I think that might be because I am trying to get a million things done in one day. I need to go to the store (for the second time today), clean my house, type some work documents, make dinner and pack mine and Luke's bags for our Austin trip in the morning. Oh, and did I mention that my son is sick and whiny? So that might be why I am hitting my stress-capacity today. In order to release some steam I want to make a hate list today. This will serve two purposes: first, I live for lists and countdowns, so this will add structure to my chaotic day and second, it will help me to vent some tension and channel it away from other unsuspecting victims in my house. So here it goes, her eis a list of 5 things that I really hate today:




1. snot. it is just plain gross. especially someone elses snot. like my one year olds. it has been running, dripping and sliming its way over everything all day long. Infact, I think I currently have a snot trail down my sleeve.


2. toilets. i love the comfort they bring, but not cleaning them. I live in a house full of boys. Not men, boys. Little boys to be exact. So when I say "cleaning", it entails more than your basic wipe down.


3. messes. I like a clean living space and when I put my mind to it I can become quite compulsive about it. Today I am in clean-mode and I am also trying to entertain a sick toddler. So naturally I have him following me around and "helping" with the cleaning. But... this plan has backfired all day because I end up having to go back through the area I just cleaned to clean up the mess he ahs made behind me. As I am typing this, he has managed to dump a whole bowl of raisins and chex cereal all over the floor and couch.


4. wal mart. Normally I love this place. But I have already made one trip today with a toddler who wouldn't stay in the basket. But I forgot a whole slew of things so now we have to go back out and drive to the store and walk through that gigantic super-store. I don't have the energy or patience today. So I am hating Wal Mart for its size and variety. Both will make a dreaded trip that much longer.


5. summer tv programming. There is nothing on. After a long day (or sometimes in the middle of it) I like to kick back and divert the mind with senseless tv gook. But not today. Because at the end of my day the only things on are reality TV reject shows and reruns of shows I don't care about.



Well, I DO feel a little better. I think I have recharged my battery enough to get up off the bed, clean up my son's mess, wipe that snotty kiss of my cheek and head to the local Wal Mart, one more time. Thanks for listening, you.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY hate Wal-mart too...with kids kids and more kids you almost go there everyday and could still need something when you walk out into the parking lot! Hope you get out of this funk...remember that God gave us those snotty little boys...I know it can be hard lots of times!

    ReplyDelete