Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Top 16

It is late and I am getting tired so I will make this short and sweet. I thought tonight's show was better than last week, but not as good as week 1. There are 3 rankings for me: Stand Out, Middle Road and Pass. This week my STAND OUT performances were...

1. The Evan and Randi Mia Michaels Contemporary Routine was my favorite. They are still my top choices and I think they are doing well in the competition. Their routine was well danced and very memorable.

2. The Janette and Brandon Hip-Hop Routine. He was better than I thought he would be. Actually, they both were. I have been on the fence about them in the past weeks, but today I am starting to swing favorably in their direction.

3. The Melissa and Ade Rumba Routine. I really like these two dancers. They are also in my favorites right now. I think they are strong and versatile.
My MIDDLE ROAD routines were...


1. The Jason and Kaitlin Paso Doble Routine. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. It was intense, but I think that had more to do with the music and make-up than the dancing. I like him a lot though. I hope he stays. I am indecisive about her though. I am not sure why.

2. The Phillip and Janeane Broadway Routine. I like the Broadway routines and I really like Tyce Diorio. And I really like these two dancers. He is a fading star. I am sad to say. He is great at his genre, but not at much else. I hope he doesn't stick around on charm alone. This dance was fun and energetic but not very memorable. Infact, I can't actually remember much about it right now and it happened two hours ago. That is not a good sign.

3. The Kayla and Kupono Waltz Routine. I think they are good dancers and I am glad they got to stay. And I love Jean Mark Generaux. This dance was elegant and pretty to watch but there wasn't anything stand-out about it. It was nice, but not great. They are a new couple though so I hope they get to stay and work on their connection.
My PASS routines were...


1. The Karla and Jonathan hip-hop routine. I missed most of this dance but from what I saw I was not impressed and I did not feel the need to go back and watch it in full. It was weak.


2. The Osuka and Vitolio jazz routine. I like Mandy Moore but this was awkward and boring for me. The most interesting thing was the costumes. I am ready for them to go home.
I am hoping that Osuka and Jonathan go home. That is my vote anyway. But really, if any of my bottom four leave I won't shed a single tear. Not that I cry when anyone leaves.

2 comments:

  1. I am posting a comment to my own blog. How cool am I? Really cool, actually, because my picks for the vote off came true. I have been pretty good at calling the vote offs this season. Stick around for some more of my magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so glad that Asuka got voted off! She was an OK dancer, but I HATED the way they said her name! It almost hurt my ears every time Cat it, so I'm glad we won't be hearing it anymore! I also hate the way she says "tabither" instead of "Tabitha", and "Ballariner" instead of "ballarina!" Stupid english accents drive me crazy :)

    ReplyDelete