Thursday, June 18, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance - Top 18


I am fully aware that at the time of this posting, the results show has already aired and 2 more have fallen from grace. I am a little behind, granted. But I took the day off, if you will recall, and so my opnions are late... but still here.




So let me start with the performance show... I was somewhat under-whelmed by the performances this week. I had expected more and I didn't think there were any stellar routines. My favorites were among the worst and I tended to differ in views from the judges on nearly every dance. That being said, there were some nice moments. I thought the jazz routine from Ade and Melissa was strong. Those two are underestimated. I am not sure that I share Sonya's visions, but the routine was fun to watch.








Probably the best of the night was the Jonathan and Karla contemporary routine. Last week these two were forgettable for me and I wanted them to go home. But this week I was eating those words because they were really good. I love that song too!








The Kayla and Max routine was good, but not great for me. I liked him in it and I was sad that he left the show after that performance.








Randi and Evan are at the top of my list and I thought they were good this week in their jive - much better than they were given credit for. By the end of the show I was thinking that had they performed later in the show they would have received higher critiques because they were better than most.








And two of my faves were in the bottom, dancing for their life: Jason and Ashley. I fully concur with the judges final decision on both counts but... I thought that both of them were good in their routines, even though their partners were not. Both had hip-hop and both got descent praise for their dance. I was sad to see them in the bottom and really sad to see Ashley go home.







One of my top picks is out early. I hate that!! And I don't see Kayla and Kupono being a good fit either. It was a let-down week for me and I hope that next week is better.








1 comment:

  1. hey Leslie! I thought about you a couple of times today and wanted you to know I prayed for you when you came to mind. I hope your pampering made you feel special and helped take your mind off of the "sad stuff"! Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete