Tuesday, April 14, 2009

www.tooeasytobuythignsidon'tneed.com

I went online to my Chase account today and I saw a shocking site. It wasn't the lack of funds I have, I am used to that. It was the amount of times that Target and Old Navy and Amazon and Shutterfly showed up in my checking account debit charge history. It is with great defeat that i admit that I may have an online shopping problem. The trick is to never buy too much at one time or from one store. That way you don't actually feel like you are spending that much money. To justify this, mostly to myself, I admit that my purchases stay within the $25-$30 range. And that happens probably only once a week. So, it is not an actual addiction and it is not really "breaking the bank" so to speak. I just love the feeling of accomplishment and adventure that comes from searching for an item and I love the ease of buying them from my laptop, sitting in my bed, wearing my pajamas, at one in the morning. And don't get me started on the feeling that comes with getting that package in the mail. I went a little crazy with the online shopping for Easter. I bought a few movies for the munchkin. And some books. And a few puzzles. Now some of that stuff was from Craigslist, so they really were quite a steal. Too good to pass up, if I am being completely honest. I would like to believe that since the holiday has passed, the shopping will subside. But in the back of my mind I can think of all of the millions of books I need to read, the clothes Luke MUST have and the bathtub caddy Ihave had my eye on for a while at Target. I must abstain. And I will defeat this urge to shop from home. I just had to admit these imperfections to keep me humble. I hope those of you reading this do not suffer the same affliction, but if you do... join me in the stance against convenience shopping. Together, we can make a difference.

Next time on My Secret Confessions: I will talk about my desperate need for all things related to Borders and my passion for Red Box. Until then...

1 comment:

  1. I am almost GLAD I don't have a target near me...or I KNOW this would happen to me. My new addiction is the dollar tree for some reason! I love Redbox too, too easy!

    ReplyDelete