Thursday, April 23, 2009

TGIF

OK, so I know I am jumping the gun here on this but Friday is a mere 2 hours away. It is here, in spirit. I am already feeling the excitement of the weekend and all the wonders it holds. Which brings me back to that little catchphrase: TGIF. Thank goodness it is Friday. Now, I am a child of the 80's. I absolutely love the 80's. Love the movies, the music, the terrible fashion and the awesome TV. I vividly remember gluing myself to the TV for the TGIF lineup. Those were the days. Living for Friday night - when a pizza, a soft couch and the love of adorable Uncle Jesse were all you needed. So this got me thinking... if I could make my perfect TGIF line-up, and watch it tonight, which TV shows would be on my "must-see" list? This is assuming that I actually have 3.5 hours set aside for TV watching, which, let's face it, never happens anymore. But for arguments sake, we will say that today is blessed and I am veggin' it out old school style. Here is what I would want to see:

7 - 7:30 pm - Whet my palette with a favorite - FRIENDS - season 8-10 preferably.
7:30 - 8 pm - The Office - laughing at Michael is sometimes the highlight of my day.
8-9 pm - Project Runway.
9-10 pm - So You Think You Can Dance - at the end of which I would call and vote, naturally.
10-10:30 pm - Scrubs - have to finish it off with a laugh and a daydream sequence.

So there it is... my glorious night of television watching. What is pretty cool is that if I had DVR I could totally make this happen. Unfortunately, I don't. But a girl can dream can't she?

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun veggin' out! You HAVE to tell me is project runway season 6 starting, or are you watching a repeat? I LOVE that show, but heard they aren't showing it yet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! You nailed every one of my favorites. I would be sitting right next to you on that couch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm. if you're such a fan of the 80s why is your all star line up filled with such new shows?

    i thought you were gonna unload an evening of vintage greats!

    ReplyDelete