Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Wrap-Up

So I live in a house with other families. That is a long story and I can get into that later. But basically I am in charge of running this household. It is a Christian organization and we uphold Christian beliefs and values. That being said, there was an Easter Egg hunt at the house. The day of the Egg Hunt, I was talking to a four year old boy who lives at the house. I asked him why we celebrated Easter. He didn't know so we talked about Jesus and the cross and the resurrection. He was very interested and asked some questions. One of which was this: "So Jesus died on the cross so we could hunt Easter Eggs?"



Not quite the point I was making. But it did reiteraste to me the message that is being sent about Easter. (Now let me make this point clear:I love egg hunts and will continue to have them for my kiddo. And I will celebrate Jesus and the Resurrection and make sure that the cross is the focus of the holiday and not a basket full of sweets. ) But back to the little 4 year old boy: We cleared up his confusion and then we hunted eggs. It was very fun. I am not sure how the Easter Bunny entered the Easter picture or why he brings eggs (since I am pretty sure rabbits do NOT lay eggs). But it was fun none the less. Here are some pictures of my little guy hunting and gathering his loot.



No comments:

Post a Comment