Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'll Be There for You...Cause You're There for Me Too

For those who don't know, I am a die hard FRIENDS fan. I have watched every single episode, I own every single season and I can kill anyone in a round of Friends Scene It. In fact, I can take pretty much any situation or conversation and bring it back to a Friends quote. I think I like the show because it is about individual people, with their own quirky habits and flaws, that make up a circle of friends. I relate to this show because I too have a circle of friends with the same quirkiness and solidarity that the show creates.

I have been blessed beyond measure for a great number of friends that I can count on in sticky situations. Most of these friends have been around for years and years, and in some cases more than a decade. When I find a friend, a true friend, I keep it and treasure it. I do not want to discount these friends, many of whom are reading this blog, but right now I am specifically talking about a group of people that originated in Georgetown, TX.



What started as a random gathering of similar interests and sense of humor has grown and blossomed over the last 6 years in to something I am proud to be a part of. I met my husband there, I discovered myself there, I found healing and honesty there. In that group of people, I have found trust, loyalty and laughter. We have made each other a priority and have watched each other get married, have babies and move away. And even though we are spread across Texas at this very moment, I feel connected to them. I have the certainty that if I called any one of them, even at this late hour, that they would answer and listen without hesitation. And even more than that, they would love me enough to tell me the truth, even when it hurts, if that is the best thing for me.



Recently, I sent out a call for help, a request to join forces with me in prayer and all of these came running. And as we sat around the room, I was struck by how lucky I was to have these "friends". I realized that I was quite literally surrounded by a circle of friends who would be there when I needed them most. And this is the true meaning of friendship. To these people, I want to say thank you. I have had some of the best moments of my life within your love and presence.



And for those others of you that have been there for me I want you to know that you are also in my heart. There were many in that circle of prayer and many more who were there in spirit. I have the world's best friends. I cherish all of you. I say again, my cup runneth over.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my friend, I love you! and CANNOT wait to see you in a few weeks.
    BTW...which 'friends' character would you be?

    ReplyDelete