Monday, April 6, 2009

Blog-Virgin

So I feel like I should be standing up in front of a group and saying, " Hi, my name is Leslie, and I have never blogged before". I have read a few blogs. I like blogs. I just have never considered myself the "blogging" type. And then today I was reading my friend Sara's blog and I was suddenly overcome by a desire to begin my blogging experience. So here I am. And I guess I am not quite sure what to say and I am feeling 100% certain that no one would care. To get over that complex, I have told myself that it doesn't matter if no one reads this because I am writing it for me. And anyone else who may find this mildly interesting is just an added bonus.

Where to begin? My life in the last five years has been this series of moments that have added up to more life experiences than I had in the 23 years before that. It is a testament of faith, love and sheer stubbornness that has enabled me to get here. And "here" is in the middle of a life-altering crisis of faith, love and will. I am not ready to share the specifics just yet, but what I can say is that this process has both shaken the structure of my life and also strengthened my foundation. Definitely one of those "afflictions" that the Bible talks about that we should rejoice over and find joy in, but ultimately feels like a punch in the metaphorical baby maker and a poke in the proverbial eye.

Hopefully I can use this blog as a hitching post for my thoughts and feelings. Today, I feel at peace. I have just stepped off of the ledge of a major decision and I am feeling relief and confidence and just... goodness. That is a nice feeling. Sort of an old friend that I haven't seen in a long time. And I like it. I feel like I am over that long and rugged uphill climb and now I am finally feeling the breeze on my face and the rush of exhilaration and freedom that comes with the downhill glide. I think I am finally enjoying the ride. Thanks to all of those who watched me struggle up that hill and who held my hand and wiped my brow and told me those warm-fuzzies that kept me going. This blog's for you! You guys complete me.

1 comment: