Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Listamania 4.0

Today is not the best day I've ever had. But then again, it's not the worst day either. I would love to say that my sunny disposition and faith in Jesus omit me from getting sad or confused. But that is just not true. I have these things called emotions, and they sometimes get the better of me - even when I know they shouldn't. I firmly believe emotions are a good thing. Without them I would just be a robot. So, today I am embracing my emotions and using them as inspiration for this list. Behold, I give you a list of my favorite tear-jerker movies. I occasionally feel the need for a good endorphin cleanse and put one of these in the old DVD player to speed up the process. Here are ten movies a girl (or guy) can count on to get the tears flowing (in no particular order):

1. My Girl
2. Moulin Rouge
3. The Notebook
4. Life as a House
5. Hope Floats
6. Terms of Endearment
7. Remember the Titans
8. Beaches
9. My Life
10. I am Sam

So, there you have it. If you have any suggestions to add to the list, please be my guest.

Also, I know I painted a bleak picture when it comes to my current mood, but I am confident that this pity party will end soon. Things happen, we take them as they come. It is not the last time I will have a bad day. However, I have learned not to let bad days or bad situations define me or steal my joy and happiness. So... here's to turning a frown upside down and staying on the sunny side!



p.s. this picture of Dawson crying just makes me laugh. you can't not laugh looking at that. Pacey would never have looked like such a tool.

3 comments:

  1. I have nothing to add to the list, my crying faves are already there - Life as a House and I am Sam. Great list - especially since you included the best ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armageddon needs to be added to the list! And yes, I cackled LOUDLY at that picture of Dawson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I absolutely agree with your statement about Dawson. Instead of feeling sorry for him, I just want to slap him. Second of all, you forgot Steel Magnolias. That movie makes me bawl! Oh, and Selena but I know not everyone is with me on that.

    ReplyDelete