Tuesday, October 6, 2009


How I know I am stressed out:


1. I bite my nails (and my cuticles). Gross.


2. I grind my teeth and pop my jaw.


3. I get very impatient with human error and slowness.


4. I cry


So, after observing and analyzing my mental state and my behaviors over the last few days I have found that I am pretty stressed out. Or anxious. Or worried. Or whatever you want to call it. My nails are nubs, my jaw is sore and I haven't cried this much in a while. I mean seriously, everything makes me cry. Commercials, tv shows, a stern look, frustration, anger... you name it. I have always been a bit emotional, some might even say melodramatic. But... I do not usually cry this much. It is like me emotions are on hyper drive. I don't care for the constant blubbering... or the face that I make when it happens. But there it is, the brutal truth of it, I am a crier. To be fair, my list of stresses is valid, so the crying seems inevitable. I am swamped with school and trying to get A's and finding that I have tests and quizzes coming out my... and also I have no job, no money and I'm living with my parents. Oh, and I am about to be 29. So all of that other stuff sounds infinitely cooler when you know I am old enough to be beyond this point. I try to remind myself, with the help of family, that I am bettering myself and my future. This glitch is a necessary stop, but not a permanent one. I think I am just feeling the weight of all my hats and not knowing which to give more attention to and when. They are all important. I think I may be stretched to the max. Except, there is also some emotional baggage trying to creep up and get me too. Some marriage stuff, some insecurity stuff and just some negative energy and pessimism. I try not to let it get to me but I have always been the kind of person to snowball the bads at the first sign of failure. I can be my biggest critic sometimes. Anyway, it is all a work in progress. And I will say that it is progressing. And progressing well. Even if I cry at every reality show I watch and snap at my mom over ridiculous things. This too shall, and will, pass. And who doesn't love a good cry every once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment