Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Res


It has been a week since my last post and yet, life has continued to fly by unawares. So much happens in a day, let alone a week, that I literally am brimming with information to share. But I don't want to bore or overindulge you with TMI on my life and kid so I will filter, filter, filter. It would be easy to post about the tot, since my life is pretty much about him right now. And believe me, I have stories and pictures. However, today I want to talk about my res. And by "res" I am referring to my resolution, as in a new years resolution. I know, I know... its a bit early for New Years. But I am closing out my twenties next year and so I want to resolve to make this year great. Last year was a humdinger and so I am LIVING out loud this time around. So my year starts on my birthday, which is rapidly approaching (the 15th). I am creating a Bucket List of sorts. I will call it my Get er done list. No, I won't call it that, but I can't think of a good name yet. Still, the sentiment still applies... I am saying good bye to my twenties this year and I need to put a few notches on my belt before that happens. I am allowing myself to add to this list as I see fit, throughout the year. But I start today... with goal #1, as in first in the list, not first in importance.

I consider myself a movie buff based on my love for movies, the frequency with which I watch them and also the memory I have for random movie related facts. As I was skimming the world wide web a few days ago I saw a list on Moviefone that caught my eye. It was a list of the best movies from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. I love movies and I go cuckoo for lists so I had to check it out. It was awesome! 40 movies from each decade (that's a lot of movies). As I read each list I realized I have a very limited scope in my movie watching. Most of my favorites are in the late 80's and 90's bracket and I know very few from the 60's and less from the 50's. This is a tragedy. So I must rectify this situation. My goal is to see the following movies this year:

1. Guys and Dolls
2. From Here to Eternity
3. Some Like it Hot
4. A Streetcar Named Desire
5. Bonnie and Clyde
6. Cape Fear
7. Dr. Zhivago
8. The Way We Were
9. Deliverance
10. The Last Picture Show
11. An Affair to Remember
12. Cabaret
13. Kramer vs. Kramer
14. A Clockwork Orange
15. Apocalpyse Now
16. Annie Hall
17. Taxi Driver
18. A Room with a View
19. Sophie's Choice
20. My Left Foot
21. Boogie Nights
22. Trainspotting
23. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
24. Blade Runner

This is two a month, starting in November. Yikes! I've got some work to do. Feel free to borrow this list if you'd like. Many of you may not care but I want to learn to appreciate the classics - or at least see them.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new little adventure! My vote is to call it the "B.O." list - Before Old - HA! Since I'll barely have turned 29 by the time you're turning 30, I'm totally allowed to say you're old and I'm not...

    And thank you for your very sweet comment on my last post :)

    ReplyDelete