Thursday, October 15, 2009

Where has the time gone?

This week has flown by in a blur. I mean, my goodness, tomorrow is Friday already. And whats more, it is already the middle of the month! Crazy! I have been busy this week with just the normal ins and outs of everyday life. Nothing fancy, or dramatic or even that exciting... just life. And it has been a pretty good week. Luke has stayed home from school all week because of some stomach issues so I was without my small reprieve this week. We made due with our time together and I continued to fall more and more in love with my son. He really does say the darndest things now-a-days. And tomorrow we have a big field trip planned to the Oil Ranch. It is a big ranch with animals and hay rides and a pumpkin patch. I think it should be fun. And tomorrows sudden drop in temperature should make it that much more exciting. I mean seriously, 92 degrees in October. Ridiculous!! So, my ordinary week has been pretty extra-ordinary when it comes to quality time with the fam. I wanted to recap some of my favorite moments:
Lets start with last week actually. Last Tuesday to be exact. Luke had "F" day at school. He brought a fish for show and tell and the Fire department came with their Firetruck to demonstrate Fire safety. Luke got to climb in the truck, sit behind the wheel and even hold the hose. Needless to say, he loved "F" day!! And... he even got a Fireman hat souvenir for his troubles. When he got home, the hat was all the rage and he went quite a while without removing it. He also was sent home in the "emergency" outfit that the school makes you provide for restroom incidents. So, it is a throw away outfit that he never wears. This is my explanation for the outfit he is wearing. I know its not his best. But I hear that it was necessary.


Shortly after the hat, Luke was coloring in his activity book and we came across a raccoon mask. Mom and I cut out the mask and found a strap and forced it on his tiny head. All it took was one look in the mirror and the raccoon mask was a hit. Pair that with the fireman's hat and you have quite the outfit.

The next day, my sister and her new husband came over for dinner. Luke HAD to model his fireman hat, his raccoon mask and his Halloween costume- just the head though. Trust me, this is not the last you will see of the outfit.

This week, it has rained everyday. And when it hasn't been raining it has been terribly humid. This weather makes outdoor play a nightmare. So my mom and I had to get creative for ways to entertain the munchkin. Out of the boredom came CRAFT DAY! We dyed some noodles and searched for some yarn and we made lots of useless things including: a tambourine, a noodle necklace, a paper sack puppet and noodle & glue art.


Today, we went to the mall and had a grand old time buying winter clothes and Christmas presents. Can you believe that, Christmas presents? It was a busy and productive day, but not necessarily awesome or anything. And then tonight rolled around and I caught Luke and his PawPaw doing the cutest thing. They were reading a book together and having the best time. One thing is for sure... this kid is loved. You can call it spoiled, but I think he is pretty darn lucky!! Here's to hoping that a day at the ranch tomorrow is just what this little lady needs.

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, I love reading your updates. Luke is such a handsome boy. I am so glad that you are doing so well. Please know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a very lucky boy indeed and very loved. I love the stories and pictures. Grammy

    ReplyDelete