Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tacky Schmacky


This weekend there was a huge event in town. Well, "huge" might be an exaggeration, but it was an "event". And it was huge in some circles, like my family. My sister, and her husband, hosted the first annual Tacky Sweater and Triathlon Party at their house.

Let me specify what the triathlon was about: it was 3 partner events, replete with their own single-elimination brackets: washer toss, darts and beer pong. I am not a master marksman, which means that I can throw things at large targets, and actually hit a few times, but when it comes to precision throwing or tossing I am at a loss. Therefore, myself, and my wonderful partner in suckage, Brook, did not make it past the initial rounds.


Now, that is not to say that we didn't make a few nice shots here and there. But I can be a good sport and for this one night I actually was willing to just sit and watch. There were some awesome victories and near wins and at the end awards ceremony there were some sure-fire surprises, namely that my parents placed in all events with a first or second place. What?!?




Talk about a proud moment for a child. Watching my parents place second in a beer ping tournament was a touching moment indeed. Another source of pride for me was the all-out effort that was put into the sweaters. My family does not do anything half-way and that was apparent in the sheer imagination and creativity that went into the sweater purchasing and making. It made for some hilarious photos and memories.



1 comment:

  1. LAUGHING OUT LOUD! Those sweaters are HILARIOUS! Love Rachel's vest, LOVE your green fringe, and especially love Eric's whole get-up - are those red velvety pants?!! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete