Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy, Happy. Joy, Joy.


I can't believe that it has been a week since I last blogged. Time really flies when you are multi-tasking through your life. I have been meaning to write and I have lots of ideas in my brain to write about, but everything has taken a back seat this week because... Sunday is my birthday!!! Thus, this is my birthday week. It has long been a tradition in my family to stretch the birthday fanfare to include the week before. Birthday week is like a free pass for getting the things that you want. You get to pick the movies, the games, the restaurants, the dessert, the activities... everything is at your whim for that one week. And believe me, I am enjoying my reign. My week started last weekend when the fam and I went to Canyon Lake to celebrate. We ate and played and even made it to the Wurstfest... which was mostly just an excuse for people to walk around with pitchers of beer and eat meat on a stick. That part wasn't very fun, but the rest of the weekend was. And then tonight a larger group of family members went to Bucca de Beppo for a birthday dinner. This was my 5th year in a row to eat Bucca for my birthday and I am a sucker for traditions. So, only 4 more days in my birthday week and I am spending my time wisely. However, now I must go and study for my World Geography quiz tomorrow. Even a birthday girl has to buckle down and get to work... as it turns out, Lonestar College doesn't care whose birthday week it is. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment