Sunday, November 15, 2009

...AND MANY MORE!!!


Twenty nine years ago, on this day, I was born. Well, actually, it's midnight now so I was born yesterday. But, you get the point. There is so much I could talk about in my recollection of my years of life. Definite high points and some major low points. But I would not change it. I am one of those no-regrets people. I think you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have... the facts of life. Seriously though, I am blessed beyond measure for this life. Even in the year I have had, even with the tears I have cried... my cup has runneth over. But, as I approach 30, I can say that the good gets better and the bad gets worse. What I mean is this: the things I about me that are positive have just gotten better and I have become more confident in them. And those things that I don't like about myself, those flaws and hang ups, have become more entrenched and more pronounced. I was nervous about 30, and I was dreading it. And with a year to go now, I am not so worried. Getting older has meant finding myself and really liking myself for the person I have become and the choices I have made. I have found out that I make my own decisions and I have the ability, faith and sense to do that well. In the past I have struggled with a fear of making choices and a fear of having those choices met with disapproval. And these fears debilitated me from doing what I felt was right for me. I did what I should and I did what I thought would get me the gold star. But now, after this year, I am feeling freedom to be my own advocate and to share my voice without fear. I have come to find that I like me most of the time.

So here are some things I am going to do this year:

1. Get better at remembering and acknowledging birthdays

2. Read a new book every month

3. Organize my photos

4. Get a teaching degree

5. Make at least one new girl friend

6. Give blood

7. Lose 10 pounds

8. Learn to french braid

9. Take my son on vacation

10. Start writing again

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!!!

It has been a heck-of-a year, but man was it filled with some great moments.

Thanks to everyone who called or texted today. It meant a lot.

And thanks to my family, who really made this birthday week great.

Love you all!

Leslie


Pictures from my birthday week celebrations. L- at Bucca de Beppo and R- at Canyon Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment