Monday, September 28, 2009

Ant Misbehavin'



My family and I were enjoying some outdoor time yesterday afternoon when Luke started playing with some rocks beside the waterfall. He has done this several times before so we thought nothing of it. After a minute, Luke started screaming and crying. When I ran to get him he had ants all over his feet and legs. I quickly dunked him in the pool and after a minute he calmed down. It turned out that the one rock he had overturned was covering up a giant ant mound and they were none too happy to have their home discovered. And so they attacked my poor bambino and his sweet, soft skin. All was well in the bite department when we went to sleep last night. However, upon waking this morning we found bites all over his legs, hands and feet. Several fingers are slightly swollen and one foot is puffy and red. There are about twenty bites on one foot alone. Of course I freaked out and called the doctor who said that there was nothing to worry about and suggested Benadryl for the swelling. So, my little dude is now sleeping soundly with his swollen digits. My mom said it best when she told Luke, " I am mad at those ants". Poor baby. He doesn't seem too agitated by them though. I guess they look worse than they are. And trust me, they look pretty bad. I almost added a picture for proof but decided not to gross anyone out today. Wednesday we have an appointment for our 2 year check-up and the dreaded SHOTS so the doctor can wait. But thank goodness for on-call nurses who are willing to answer hysteric mother's questions.



Oh and p.s., the ant mound was taken care of by one vengeful Paw Paw with a can of highly dangerous ant bait. So long suckers. And good bye to you as well readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment