Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Over My Head

So I haven't blogged in a couple of days and that is so not like me. Since I started this whole thing I have been a thrice a week kind of blogger. But this week has flat knocked me on my bum and left me struggling to get back up again. I started back to school and since it has been a good while since I got an education, I find it difficult to get back in to the swing of things. I have done my homework like the dutiful school girl that I am and I have enjoyed 80% of it. But there are other things that have kept me busy this week:

Luke's 2nd Birthday party is on Saturday and we have about 35 guests coming. There are many details to arrange and prepare for and not the least of this is keeping Luke blissfully unaware of his presents and healthy as a horse. Last year he was very sick during his party and I am hoping and praying that history will not be repeating itself.

Also, because I love a good challenge, I decided to start Luke in a toddler bed in the same week that I started school. This was not one of my better decisions. To begin with, he has not been sleeping through the night prior to this experiment and was coming to bed with me every night from about 1:30 on. So there were quite a few obstacles at the start of this thing. But we have persisted and kept on with our routine and our rigid rules and lo and behold, something clicked. He loves his big boy bed and as of last night he was sleeping through the night in it without waking up once. I could not be more proud of my little guy. He is growing up so fast. We went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate these victories and it was so much fun. I am still having to lay beside his bed at night until he gets to sleep but we will take one battle at a time.

I will post a blog and some pictures from the birthday party, that is a promise. And in case you are wondering... the binki thing has gone really well. He has successfully transitioned from having that thing all day, everyday, to only having it when he sleeps. He has even adjusted to putting it under his pillow when he wakes up. Miracles can and do happen. Next step, potty training. But I think we will hold off on that one for a bit. At least until after my Mexico trip. Did I mention Mexico? My entire family and I are headed to Cabo San Lucas next Sunday, for a week, to watch my sister get married on the beach. No babies will be on board so I am anxious for a real vacation. Hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment