Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Final Countdown...

Well, this was the very last of the competitions for this season and I felt that it ended with a bang. It was obvious who the producers of the show wanted to win and they made no attempt to hide that fact. However, I happen to agree with them so I did not mind. I was eating sushi and picking up my son while the show aired and my parents DVR only picked up the second hour. So I had to watch the first hour, today, on the Internet. So my viewing may have been a little limited. But none the less, I have an opinion on what I saw and I want to share it with you. Here are my rankings of last night's performances:


7. The Group Number by Wade Robson. This was not my favorite Wade routine by a long shot and I thought the premise was a little cheesy but the dancing was good. My eye as drawn to Jeanine and Evan for some reason though.
6. The Kayla and Evan Jive number. I didn't mind the country song or the western wear. I thought the dance was cute, but not very intense for a finale. I liked Evan and I was glad he got that audience cheer. I am tired of the judges' obvious favoritism and their willingness to burn Evan at the stake to get their way.


5. The Jeanine and Kayla Contemporary piece. Interesting concept and they looked beautiful. Having them side by side, I found that I was drawn to Jeanine more. Her moves were bigger and fuller I think. I do believe that Kayla is a graceful and technical dancer but I can not take my eyes off of Jeanine. Neither can Nygel, in a very creepy and pervy way.


4. The Nasty Boys Hip Hop number with Evan and Brandon. It seemed like the moves were challenging and well danced. True, Brandon was better - but not by the huge margin the judges made it out to be. I thought Evan was good and he kept up - his moves just weren't as well executed. And stupid remarks from the judges bout Evan not being "nasty". Who cares? Is Brandon all that nasty either? No.

3. Brandon and Kayla's Broadway routine. Finally a stellar Broadway number for the season. It was very fun to watch and I thought those dancers were perfect for the moves they were given. I watched this one several times and found it flawless on both parts.


2. Brandon and Jeanine's Paso Doble number. Very dramatic and very well executed. These are two dancers that are so fun to watch and they are so into their routines and characters that you truly get invested in the entertainment of it.

1. Jeanine and Evan's Jazz piece. I really liked the story here and I could see it in the movement. I thought it combined good technique and challenging moves with a fun story and good characters. It was for sure my favorite.

So... here is how I hope it would go:

Winner: Jeanine, 2nd: Brandon, 3rd: Evan and 4th: Kayla.

But... here is how I think it will go:

Winner: Jeanine, 2nd: Evan, 3rd: Brandon and 4th: Kayla. However, if Evan gets the popular vote then he could take it. He has quite the following. He is this season's Benji. I have loved him from the start but he should not win.

No comments:

Post a Comment