Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba die...

Well, today I have a little "dear diary" confession to share. I am finding that I am feeling blue lately. Being here in Houston, in the very house and neighborhood where I grew up, you'd think that I would be on my "turf". But this is not really true. I am finding that I don't have all that many friends anymore and this makes me sad. I am kind of in that awkward stage of life when I have established friendships that I have deeply invested in. And I don't necessarily want to put forth the effort of finding and making new friends. However, I also don't like being lonely and going through all of these life changes without friends to cling to and hang with. I do have friends, they just aren't very local. And a gal really does need someone to call on a whim for coffee or a movie. I truly miss that. Thankfully, I have a weekend trip planned to visit my best friend in Dallas. This trip comes at a great time and I am so excited to get to just be myself and laugh so hard my gut hurts.
I know that I don't do well with change. And anytime a life change occurs for me, I typically have a delayed reaction to it. Without a doubt, this is one of those times. There are many life changes for me right now and many more on the way. And I am trying to adapt and finding that these changes, although ultimately good, are leaving me in the lurch. I am positive I will pull out of this slump. But tonight, I find myself sighing deep sighs and thinking dramatic thoughts about the blueness of my state of being. However, I DO have great friends and they ARE there for me when I need them. I want to say thank you to my friends who called me today and talked to me about anything and everything. You guys helped me to see the silver lining. I think what this all boils down to is this... I miss my friends. I sense something big on the horizon and that makes me slightly nervous. I guess I just needed to vent a little and to say that I know these thoughts and feelings are neurotic and reactionary. But still... every now and then you do get soaked by those little black rain clouds. I am off to bed with the hope and knowledge that tomorrow will bring a new outlook.

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I know all about moving back to your old stomping ground. Its weird. But you are right that your friends are just a phone call away. (and remember Shawna is right down the road...she said she saw you at church on Sunday)
    Glad to see you got moved in and start school soon! I am so excited for you! Call when you have time. I would love to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leslie it's Charlotte. Not sure if you remember but I am still in the area. I actually have two boys, 2.5 and almost 1. If you ever want to hang out let me know.

    ReplyDelete