Monday, May 11, 2009

Week in Review

I am looking at my blog and thinking "my last post was on Wednesday, how can that be?". I am slacking a bit on my blogging. For shame. And I know that my eager fans have been disappointed for days at not having my juicy tidbits to read. So I will oblige:
Last week was a very good week. It was full of work and the normal hum-drum, but it was also the first week of Mommy's Summer Camp. That is a pretty grand title for what it actually entails though. See, I am what you would call an OVER-achiever... in an annoying way. I like to plan and make lists and organize my time and thoughts in a very visual and tangible way. And my latest brain-child is a summer schedule to follow for my son and I to try new things and explore our world. So here is the schedule:
Monday is Nana Day. Luke is with Nana all day so that has become her day.
Tuesday is Nature/Science Day.
Wednesday is Arts/Crafts Day.
Thursday is Splash Day.
Friday is Field Trip/Fine Arts Day.
It is all very exciting. For me anyway - I am sure that Luke doesn't know and doesn't care. But last week was our first official week with the schedule and it went smashingly. View, Exhibit A:
On Tuesday we went on a Nature Walk in a nearby park and found some leaves and flowers that caught our eye. And then, because it is Houston and the mosquito's are a terror, we had to promptly go back inside. But we took our leaf, smelled it, and then did a rubbing with crayons. Luke thoroughly enjoyed coloring the paper and the counter. But his artwork was so pretty:



On Wednesday, we broke out the water paints for the first time ever. I think Luke was more impressed with dipping the brush in the paint and water (all by himself) than he was with the actual painting process. But still, he painted two lovely masterpieces. We kept one and sent one to Grammy for a Mother's Day gift:

Thursday was a bit rushed because Mommy had a lot of work responsibilities that she had to juggle. But because it was Splash Day, and my little fish loves the water, we found an extra thirty minutes to splash and play in the brand new pool - complete with slide. This was a very fun activity that Luke enjoyed so much that he cried when our allotted time was up:



And then Friday came and we went on our FIELD TRIP!!! We went to the Downtown Aquarium! It was so much fun! We even had guests come with us... Nana and Paw Paw. Luke got to do some pretty great things:



He watched the marine life.


Touched a sting ray and a shark.



Rode the Ferris Wheel...



the carousel...



and the train.

He even got to do some splashing in the dancing fountains.


Luke had such a great time that he was striking this pose within five minutes of getting in the car.




What a great end to our first week of summer camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment