Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Ok, so I really like Jim Halpert. But what girl doesn't? However, I like him for what he can do for me... which is providing a hair standard for my son. Infact, I have been told that he has "Jim Hair" by more than a few people. And I must say that this remark makes me very happy. I like the long and shaggy look.
We have devoted a lot of time and attention into getting Luke's hair to the Jim Halpert level. Actually, we just didn't cut his hair for long periods of time and it just sort of grew into a shaggy-do... who knew?

This Monday, Luke got his hair cut for the 3rd time in his short life. The Lord has blessed him with a thick head of hair that only keeps multiplying as time goes by. We tried things a little differently this time. My cousin is a hairstylist and she has been cutting his hair. He got his first cut at 8 months old...

It's a very cute cut and we were pleased with the end result.

So we again went with my cousin for the second cut. Luke was 15 months old and a lot more active. We had to find some inventive tactics for keeping him occupied while he got his haircut...


The end result was nice, but the process was tedious for all parties involved. A squirming, crying, fidgeting toddler doe snot make for the world's greatest customer.


So this time we splurged and got adventurous and took him to a kiddie salon called Kool Kuts. First they buttered him up while he waited with a Thomas the Train play area...

Then they sat him in the car chair and sprayed him down.

He got to watch a DVD while she cut his hair.

And the end result was a tailored shag that I give two thumbs up. Way up!

So thank you Kool Kuts. You have my business as long as my little one remains too active to sit through a regular hair cut without all the bells and whistles. Which lets face it, may never happen. But hey, all the haircut with half the headache is worth every penny.

2 comments:

  1. We had a great Kook Cuts experience when we were in TX last summer. I thought the whole set-up was pretty genious! He looks adorable and I love the shaggy doo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will get easier--mine now WANT to go beacuse they know the barber will give them a lollipop if they are still...I love Jim and love Luke's look!

    ReplyDelete