Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Listamania 10.0 - silver lining edition



Ok, this is the antithesis to the other Listamania I wrote (for those who are interested, it is the black cloud edition). That version is better suited for those who like a little gloom in their day. But don't worry, I am an equal opportunity feeler and while I may be feeling a little low this week, I tend towards the glass-half-full side of life. So even now, I find it necessary to note the issue, but not dwell on it.

In that regard, I wrote two Listamanias this week. One to feed both sides of me, where I am and where I want to be. You see, the week was not so great. But within that week there has been much greatness. And much more to come, I should add. This weekend I am headed to Georgetown to attend a birthday party, in my honor. My dear sweet friends are throwing me the party of my dreams. It is an 80's themed party to kick off my 30's. Costumes are required so I am definitely looking forward to seeing my friends in their totally rad outfits. This party is my silver lining and it hasn't even happened yet. But I have tried on my costume a few times and that single act alone makes me feel a few shades brighter - all that neon, I guess. So, in tribute and anticipation of the party, I present Listmania 10 - my favorite 80's movies - in order.

1. Breakfast Club -
2. Footloose -
3. Dirty Dancing -
4.Goonies -
5. Back to the Future
6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
7. Ghostbusters
8. Sixteen Candles
9. Top Gun
10. Pretty in Pink

honorable mention for:
Steel Magnolias
E.T.
The Legend of Billy Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment