Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Did you know?

Last year, about this time, I wrote a list of 101 things about me. At the time, I remember finding this to be a rather difficult task. But a year has passed and I think it is about time to update my list. I have learned some new things about myself this year. I have let some things go and replaced the old with the new in some instances. So here is my Leslie 101 facts for this current state of my life.

1. I very much dislike repeating myself. Once is OK, twice is pushing it and three times comes with a punch in the face.
2. Honesty and kindness have become very important to me.
3. I think that guys who can dance and or play a musical instrument are super hot.
4. Three things that I am surprisingly descent at: darts, putt-putt golf and skiing.
5. Turning 25 really freaked me out, but 30 is around the corner and I feel just fine.
6. If they made a gasoline candle I would smell it all day long.
7. Lately, I have been very interested in reading and watching "the classics".
8. I get absolutely terrified to sing Karaoke, but I have no problems leading worship.
9. I have started calling my blackberry my "precious". This is not a good sign.
10. My biggest fear is losing someone I love in a sudden and tragic way.
11. I can yodel, but only one song.
12. I really really want to be in New Directions (from Glee).
13. Even though I can't stand conflict or drama, I have zero problems with confrontation.
14. I always keep deodorant and a toothbrush in my purse for emergency situations.
15. I wish The Office would either get funnier or give it up.
16. My fear of flying was born right about the same time as my son.
17. When I retire, I want to open a used book store in a quaint old house.
18. I once cut my own wrist with a butter knife, trying to prove that such a thing was impossible.
19. I have run into my own house with my car once, and with my parent's cars twice.
20. No matter how much I dislike Kanye, I can not help but love his music.
21. I know very useless trivia about celebrities and pop culture.
22. My idea of a dream vacation is a Mediterranean cruise.
23. My family loves to make music videos and synchronized swimming routines.
24. I am obsessed with taking pictures and uploading them ASAP.
25. I hate it when people say "believe you me".
26. I have a knack for remembering faces.
27. I have seen every episode of Friends at least 4 times.
28. Sometimes I can start singing a song when I get in the car and then when I turn the car on it will be on the radio.
29. When I am stressed, I get tension headaches from clenching and popping my jaw.
30. For some reason I love Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
31. I do not do well with old people (except my grandparents).
32. I love everything 80's.
33. I am over Will Farrell but hung up on Ryan Reynolds and Shia LeBeouf.
34. Every year, I print and fill out a ballot for the Oscars.
35. I look in the $5 movie bin every time I go to Wal Mart but I have never bought a movie from there.
36. I have to sleep with the fan on and the closet door closed.
37. I crave McDonald's chicken nuggets and Chipotle chicken tacos.
38. When Luke was little, I started laughing like the dough boy every time he poked my belly button. Now I have to do that every time because he thinks it is so funny.
39. My goal is to be able to run 5 miles straight. Right now I am at 2.
40. I laugh insanely hard at Judd Apatow movies and then feel bad about it later.
41. Toy Story is my favorite animated movie. I wore out my VHS in college from watching it so much.
42. I prefer Matt Damon to Ben Affleck, hands down.
43. I do not do well with whining.
44. My family calls me Banana or Nana Head, but I don't really care for bananas.
45. Spicy foods make me really sick to my stomach.
46. I like the idea of online dating.
47. In my opinion, Harry Potter is preferred over Twilight.
48. Andrew Bernard is my favorite Office character.
49. All my friends love the Gilmore Girls, but I would much rather watch One Tree Hill.
50. I watch White Christmas and Elf every Christmas.
51. My best time of day is from 5 pm to 10 pm.
52. I own two pairs of high heeled shoes, but I never wear them.
53. I can not stand Oprah, but I do like her book club.
54. I love river water, tolerate ocean water and dislike lake water.
55. I frequently have dreams and usually remember them.
56. I laugh at my own jokes.
57. When I go on vacation, I buy a deck of cards as a souvenir.
58. I got fired from Chipotle but I still love to eat there.
59. I hate Mayonnaise and anything that smells or looks like it.
60. The Sonic commercials crack me up.
61. When I play Rock Band, I am killer at the drums.
62. Headaches freak me out.
63. If I know a book is being made in to a movie, I have to read the book first.
64. My hair is naturally blond and very wavy.
65. I think CROCS are genius.
66. I wave at the camera when I drive through the toll booth.
67. I don't like cinnamon flavored drinks or food.
68. I rarely chew gum, but I can pop a ridiculous amount of tic tacs.
69. I love jeans and a t-shirt.
70. I snore.
71. I consider myself gifted at making up songs on the spot to express my thoughts and feelings.
72. I like going to the movies alone.
73. When out, I like to sit in the middle of a crowd of people.
74. I have no problem dog-earring my own books, but I do not like other people dog-earring the books I loan them.
75. I keep a book of who I've loaned books to.
76. I HATE to lose and often pad my team to prevent it.
77. I only blow dry my hair about twice a week.
78. I have had the same cell phone number for 7 years.
79. I am team Pacey, not team Dawson.
80. I talk to myself at least once a day.
81. I seldom eat chicken and never eat steak.
82. I do not like orange juice or milk.
83. My sister's wedding marked my 7th time to be a bridesmaid.
84. My best friend has been my best friend since 8th grade.
85. 3 of my 10 favorite movies are musicals.
86. I know every word to "Shoop" by Salt 'N Pepa and "Stay" by Lisa Loeb.
87. I Google everything.
88. There is something about Nicholas Cage and Kirsten Dunst that I can't stand and can't explain why.
89. Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite books.
90. I drink iced tea by the gallon, which is why...
91. I've had 3 kidney stones and always feel like another is on the way.
92. While I like a clean house, my car is usually dirty.
93. Every time I grocery shop I end up handing the cashier at least 2 items that I have decided I no longer need.
94. Every year I make a list of my top 5 actors, actresses and movies.
95. I love to make and eat spaghetti and meatballs.
96. I am very, very clumsy.
97. I feel guilt when I don't return my grocery cart to it's designated corale.
98. I have read every single Jodi Picoult book.
99. Joshua Radin, Shane and Shane and Jimmy Needham are on rotation in my car cd player.
100. I think Samwise Gamgee is the best character in any book I've ever read.
101. I feel a deep need to be the first among my friends and family to see or read something.

Alright. Some fun facts about me. Interesting? Did you already know those things? Makes me curious. Another fun fact: sometimes I wonder if they put me on a game show and asked me to pick 5 people in my life who know me the best to answer questions about me for money, who would I pick? I think I know. But it changes all the time. So, study up friends in case that actually happens and I decide to pick you. Hey, it could happen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, I could comment on almost every one of these! But I won't, so you'll just have to read my mind, which you probably can :)

    One thing I will say, though - I just finished Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth tonight, and I must say that I wasn't impressed. I totally knew the ending from the very beginning of the book. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete