Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hey Now, You're a Rock Star

When I was younger, we did a lot of pretending. We played house, school, postoffice, banker, Barbies - you name it and we played it. It is safe to say that my love of story telling - character, plots and the like - started with those early days of make believe. Perhaps one of my favorite things to pretend was "rockstar". Although, in those days I just called it "singer". In my youth, that is what I dreamt I would become when I got older. I just knew I would be like Jem and the Rockers and that I would sing and entertain the masses. It brought great joy to my heart to play that part and imagine myself as a performer. I never imagined myself as rich and famous. In my daydreams, it was about the music and the love of performing it. Then the Mickey Mouse Club came on TV and I felt I had found my calling. The same thing happened when the Spice Girls surfaced and also a little bit when Glee first aired. I just absolutely love music and making it come alive.

I was on vacation for ten days and my little son was not with me. So needless to say, I missed him a great deal. This week was about trying to reconnect with him, which was difficult because of my work and school schedules. But yesterday was the day we set aside for mommy and Luke time. It was a great day. We filled it with frozen yogurt, lunch with friends, a Dragon movie and a little make believe. For a little while, yesterday, Luke and I were rockstars together. And we performed several Veggie Tales classics. It was so nice to share that with him and to watch him take right to it. So, this post goes out to my little rockstar! Here's to:

Duets

Booty Shakin'

 

Stage Jumping

Crowd Pleasing







Theatric Loving

and Final Bowing

This little dude has what it takes. Of course I am absolutely his biggest fan so I may be a tiny bit biased. But I would pay full price to watch him perform. Dreams are hard to come by and imagination is a commodity that is often killed with reality. It is so wonderful to watch the innocence in him and to watch him let loose and pretend. And, thankfully, he still wants me right there with him in the middle of the mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment