Saturday, March 13, 2010

Giddy Up and Yee Haw!!!


This week is my Spring Break so I am off from both work and school. It is a treat, indeed. Luke and I were both sick last week and we weren't sure we were even going to make our trip to Austin. But he got over his fever right in time and we packed our bags and headed to visit his Grammy. After being cooped up in the house all week, it has been nice to be out and about. Luke was running a 103 degree fever for 3 days and we used that as an excuse to veg on the couch and watch movies. By Friday, he was more than a little anxious to get outside and have fun. So... we went to Wal Mart. He was very excited about going - mostly because he knew the chances of him getting a toy were very good. As we were getting dressed to leave, Luke decided to pick out his outfit. Usually he doesn't care what he wears and I just put him in something. But on this day, he cared. And since he had been sick, we let him have his way. Because of this, my mom and I ended up taking Sheriff Woody to Wal Mart.
Luke insisted on wearing the full ensemble - hat, vest and boots. He was a good cowboy and sat pleasantly in the cart for most of the trip. We got some looks and one lady said he had even made her day. I have been out before and seen a child shopping with their mom wearing a costume of some sort. And I would laugh to myself and think, "oh, how cute". But this was my first experience and I have to say that I still thought it was cute. Luke is forming his own opinions and gladly verbalizing them. I appreciate that so much because I remember not to long ago when all he could do was cry. Knowing what he wants and needs is so much better than having to guess. So, my cowboy did end up getting a toy.
And yes, it was a girl doll. But please don't judge me. It rounded out our Toy Story set and he just HAD to have her. Plus, real boys play with dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment