Saturday, January 10, 2015

For You

I hope you don't mind that I am writing to you for all my blogger world to see. The truth is that I have found something with you that I want the world to bear witness to. I want as many people as possible to know how truly great you are in the eyes of this gal. I don't know what the future holds, how many moments you and I will get to share together. But what I know is that today, I get to be here, with you, experiencing something new and different and kind of magical. For someone who loves to plan and line her ducks up, I am falling in love with the idea that the promise of this day is enough. And I learned that from you. Rushing towards expectations sometimes means you miss out on the perfect moments of right now. And it is absolutely true that there is beauty too great to explain in the details of life. In the small, every day things, that pass us right by. So, for you I would like to say thank you, with the only tools I know to use... my words. Hear them, because they are the overflow of my heart.

Thank you,
for letting me be just me
no bells, no whistles and a dash of crazy.

Thank you,
for letting me speak my mind
for listening to the things said, and unsaid
and asking to hear just a little bit more.

Thank you,
for understanding that I am flawed and broken
but not damaged or less.

Thank you,
for a million smiles and laughs that lead me to joy
time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment