Monday, May 31, 2010

Taking it All in


"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller


I know it has been awhile since last I used these fingers to type a blog. I offer no excuses. Except maybe this one: I have been INSANELY busy. When you have school, work, exercise, mothering, church and social activities to jam into your calendar you can't see the sky for all the balls you have in the air. This has been me in the last month. I have loved every second of this new schedule but it has left me drained and deflated a number of times. There are days when I carely make it to the bed before crashing out, and this is at the ripe old hour of 9 o' clock. God has breathed new life into me and I am enjoying the people and things around me to the utmost.


Summer has brought heat, sweat and many reasons to SWIM! My little guy is a regular water bug this time around. Swimming has become a daily occurence, which is good since it is a free activity. And then there was finals, followed two days later with a week long trip to Mexico. We came back tan and rested. And now that this Memorial Day weekend has passed I have one more week of summer fun before starting work and summer classes. Like I said, things move pretty fast. But what a ride it is.


In the next couple of days I hope to find the time to write about our trip and a few other thoughts that are on my mind. There are a couple of topics that I have been dying to write about. So, while these are my parting words for tonight, there are many more diatribes to come.


It's good to be back my friends and I am excited to find my blogging groove again. Thanks for hanging with me. If you are still reading these words, let me know. Sometimes it feels like I write this for myself. Which is fine if that is the case. A little verbal dissection can bring much clarity.

4 comments:

  1. This morning I was thinking on how I miss Leslie's blog! Glad to see a new post and hope for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check it every day! I'm a loyal reader ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally stole my idea, but I love your blog anyway and will always be a faithful reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still here and love your blog!! :) Jealous of your Mexico trip...that sounds so great! I'm looking forward to the opportunity to finally be tan during the summer, Washington doesn't offer enough sun for those types of things, but I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem in Texas! :) Hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete